Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Firm a Foundation

Hymn 85 How Firm a Foundation

I love that hymn! Some of my favorite parts are
 

Vs 2. In ev’ry condition—in sickness, in health,
In poverty’s vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea—
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

Isn't that good to know the help is there when we need it and no so much when it is not needed.

Vs 3. Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand...

I can feel the strength He gives me!

Vs 5. When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, thy dross to consume,
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

I am so flawed and imperfect. I will be so happy when the imperfect is consumed and the perfect me is "as good as gold".

Vs 7 ...though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!

For hours after I sing the song, this refrain goes around in my head.

Remember "May God thy gold refine, till all success be nobleness, and every gain divine." Hymn #338

No comments:

Post a Comment