"Go to the Fair, Templeton. You will find that the conditions at the fair will surpass your wildest dreams." Charlotte's Web
It was so hot that day. Shortly after arriving at State Fair, my son became very sick. It was thought that he had a heat stroke. His heart was racing and he was faint and nauseous. Thank goodness for the 1st Aid station. We got him cooled down and up to the air conditioning. He was recovering the rest of that day. Anyway he felt miserable and it pretty much ruined our fun we had planned. I stayed with my son and my mom took my daughter to her big night at the style revue. I felt bad for my daughter, she was so excited for me to come down and see what she had been doing. Thankfully, my son felt a lot better the next morning. I debated about returning home but he insisted he felt fine and wanted to go on to Utah. So we went on, despite 2 more episodes of his heat stroke in the next few days.
Life is always surprising me, when I least expect it. I am not sure what I will do next year for State Fair, but I really do not want to go through that again. I was wishing I had stayed home.


No comments:
Post a Comment