Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40 Below

I went out this morning to take a photo of the thermometer. Although it is way to cold to stay out long, I heard the bald eagle pair cheeping to each other.
I can not explain how quiet it is. There is no wind. The sun is not up yet. The sound of the eagles is echoing off the riverbanks. When I look towards them I can see their silhouettes. They are sitting in the top of a cottonwood tree. How do they survive this cold? I think they are calling encouragement to each other. It is a peaceful moment.
Then back in the house, my daughter is fixing her hair and mad that she can not go to school. I laugh and then she is more angry. Now the sun has come up and the house is cracking and snapping from the cold. Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment